We had an eventful, yet uneventful Memorial Day weekend. It was one of those weekends that we really didn’t have set plans and kind of just went with the flow. With our hectic lives and constant driving and traveling on a daily basis – no plans was a good plan. After a long, somewhat stressful week (Wrigley continued to practice self-mutilation this week. He also decided to pee in the house (I think it was him) for the first time in a year and a half leaving a spot the size of Lake Okeechobee that reeked of toxic pee. One of my co-workers threw me under the bus while I was going out of my way to help solve a problem for him. Pepper tries to eat my yummy meal that Kurt and I had just sat down to eat, but instead she knocks over a full glass of water to slosh over my plate of food and carry half of it all over me and the carpet. And finally, work holds me up on a Friday afternoon with a last minute request so that I can enjoy an hour and a half drive home in the rain)…the long weekend was a blessing!
We started the weekend out with a delicious breakfast from Bob Evans. I know some people would turn their nose up to that place, but I love their spinach and tomato eggs benedict – and I don’t like breakfast so that’s saying a lot. That afternoon we went down to visit the Cape Coral Baxleys – including our nephew Michael Owen. He’s about 3 weeks old now and getting cuter every time we see him. We had a good time cooking out and Kurt got to whip up on his brother and Mr. Lopez a few times in ping pong. I know it’s just a matter of time before he wants a ping pong table too.

Sunday was a little less exciting with most of the morning consisting of cleaning the house and dumping several more quarts of vinegar on our very own stinky “Lake Okeechobee”. To reward ourselves for our hard work, we went to Sweet Tomatoes for Linner – that’s lunch/dinner or more commonly known as an early dinner. And they finally had French onion soup….yummy!!
That evening Kurt did the yard and much to his disliking – our friend the snake was out and about, conveniently scaring the crap out of him. After about 20-30 minutes of “analyzing” the situation (not a big surprise coming from an actuary) all the while the snake made the trek from the back deck to the front yard bushes and then back again. Somehow I convinced Kurt to just kill it. It took another 15 minutes to make sure it was dead before Kurt would move the shovel. Sadly it was probably only a gerder snake – but I have a dog that loves to chase lizards and a snake is just a big lizard to her. She might not be very smart, but she can catch lizards. It made Kurt feel better about killing the snake knowing that he was “protecting” his family.
That evening Kurt did the yard and much to his disliking – our friend the snake was out and about, conveniently scaring the crap out of him. After about 20-30 minutes of “analyzing” the situation (not a big surprise coming from an actuary) all the while the snake made the trek from the back deck to the front yard bushes and then back again. Somehow I convinced Kurt to just kill it. It took another 15 minutes to make sure it was dead before Kurt would move the shovel. Sadly it was probably only a gerder snake – but I have a dog that loves to chase lizards and a snake is just a big lizard to her. She might not be very smart, but she can catch lizards. It made Kurt feel better about killing the snake knowing that he was “protecting” his family.
The next day...the snake's evil twin showed up on the back deck!
No comments:
Post a Comment