Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Anniversary Weekend

Well, it is official, it’s been a full year of marriage. The honeymoon has expired and I think technically we are no longer newly-weds, although I don’t know the rules on that exactly. If you ask Kurt he would tell you we celebrated on year on Sat and 365 days on Sunday, although our official anniversary was on Monday, January 26th. Something about the leap year and then “technically” when 365 days is and all that. I think we should just stick with celebrating on 01.26 each year, just to make it easy. We had a great “anniversary weekend” though. Nothing elaborate and out of the this world with huge expenses and far off travels. Instead we stayed in our own backyard and treated ourselves to the things we enjoy doing, however often don’t because of the many things that just seem to be “more important”. We did change zip codes a couple times, but we do that on a daily basis anyway.

On Saturday we went and bowled a few games at the Braden-tucky Bowling alley. Yes, it’s a scary place with quite a few “interesting” people, but what bowling alley doesn’t have their fair share. We had a great time and I actually beat Kurt in the final game which NEVER happens! To finish this great day, we took a drive to downtown Tampa and enjoyed some sushi at our favorite place, Samurai Blue. And boy was it good!!

Kurt has joined a men’s slow pitch softball team with his brother, cousin, and dad and on Sunday, the team “practiced”. We spent several hours in Brandon catching up with family. That evening, the Baxley’s took us to the Sand Bar on Anna Maria Island for dinner and a great view.

On Monday, our official anniversary we were lucky enough to get the day off and enjoy the day together. We slept in and hung out with Wrigley and Pepper and then had a great day at Busch Gardens. There’s nothing like spending your anniversary together going 200 feet in the air to enjoy a 90 degree drop at 70 mph. The weather was beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for anything better.

For dessert that night I surprised Kurt with a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake. Publix did a great job on how it looked, but can I say “holy frosting!” It was delicious….vanilla almond cake with fudge filling…yummy!


One down, many more to come…I love you Kurt!

1 comment:

Coach said...

Thank you for letting us be a part of your 1st anniversary. We had a good time watching the sunset on Anna Maria Island and just talking. You do such a wonderful job on your blog. We enjoy reading the stories and seeing the pictures. Mom and I wish you the best for many more anniversaries.
Our love,
The Baxleys